Welcome to Crazy for COWS (sm)! We celebrate bovines
of all shapes and sizes. Mooooooo! Cattle lovers... come join the herd!
Do you have a great cow photo to share? If so
contact Chief Cow. Thanks!
Cow Names: What's your favorite?
Who's the biggest cow fan? Back for a LIMITED TIME!
Vote or add yourself to the list...
Ahhh, cows... What's not to like about cows?
Take the Moo Challenge -- all our cow
games and quizzes are on one page, including CowPie!
From the Cow mailbox:
Collector's Weekly filters eBay auctions, and
recently added a cow collectors topic (cow pottery, milk signs, cookie
jars, etc.). Here's the link:
Collector's Weekly Cows
Cow T-shirts and sweatshirts:
More Cow T-shirts and sweatshirts...
Other fun cow stuff:
Stickers, ornaments, and boxes
|This bovine would be a fun cow to have at your next moo party:
Type: Stand Up
Size: 65 x 42 (inches)
Is there anything better than looking
at cows all day? Cow "art" is always a great gift for a cow-fan.
allposters.com has hundreds of cow posters, prints, magnets, and notecards.
Type: Art Print
Size: 9 x 12.25 (inches)
Title: Antique Cow IV
Artist: Julian Bien
Type: Art Print
Size: 9.5 x 13 (inches)
Artist: Liv & Flo
Type: Art Print
Size: 7.087 x 7.087 (inches)
Plus we have some additional
fun gift ideas. Something for everyone!
Clive sent these pictures of calves at the University, and a of bovine that is certainly not a calf:
Different pose of cuteness
24 hours old
Bull from Hulse Farm, Lach Dennis, Cheshire
Clive shared this photo of a little bull calf, less than a week old:
Clive and Madoncows would like to introduce Sir George:
Sir George wants a closer look
Or a sniff
Clive shared two photos of a two-day old heifer:
Audrey, who had shared photos of her old cow car, had to get a new one. She
writes, "I had let the COW CAR go to pasture, but it took me several months taking off everything on my old town car to put on the new town car 2001. But we did it with help from many friends and the Military -- we got her back on the road. Bette had a complete make over and the cow car is flasher than ever. She moo's and has many other sounds too. I had the other car for almost ten years and we are hoping for the same with this one...I made her a tribute to Bette."
Donna also sent some photos of the new cow car...
See all our
(All guest cows that have appeared on the homepage
are on one of the guest cows pages, always available for you to enjoy.)
Hereford cow (Sophie) and calf (Delilah)
Quick Cow facts:
Do cows have horns? Yes, female bovines almost always have horns. While
some cows are naturally polled (which means horn-free), the majority have their
horns removed when they are calves to make them safer to handle. So, YES,
cows can indeed have horns!
Oreo cookie cows? Yes, there are "belted" bovines out there!
More cow facts!
- The native home of the Tarentaise cow is very mountainous; no other French cattle graze in an area with as high an altitude and such dramatic changes in elevation.
- In medium sized cattle, the rumen (one of the stomachs) by itself can hold between 25 to 75 gallons.
- The Brown Swiss is originally from -- Switzerland! The Swiss cow is called Swiss Brown or Braunvieh.
- A cow spends an average of 6 hours eating and 8 hours chewing cud.
- Brahman cows stand about 4 feet high at the withers (not including the hump), and weigh an average of 1200-1300 pounds.
- Modern domestic cattle are believed to belong to either the species Bos taurus (Holstein, Jersey, Guernsey, Brown Swiss, for example), or the species Bos indicus which are humped cattle like the Red Sindhi. Some cattle are a cross between these two species.
- The Dexter started to become known in the 1700s when small farmers found the Dexter very practical for use on small plots of land. Later, the novelty of the cute, small bovines, made them popular on English estates.
- The Watusi has the biggest horns -- the horns' spread can reach up to 8 feet across, and the diameter of the horns at the base can be as large as 8 inches.
Chief Cow would like to know who visits this site. Please take a few
seconds and choose the selection that most closely represents you.
Search this site:
You may also want to visit:
Last updated: April 25, 2015
This site has been online since December, 1999