Welcome to Crazy for COWS (sm)! We celebrate bovines
of all shapes and sizes. Mooooooo! Cattle lovers... come join the herd!
Do you have a great cow photo to share? If so
contact Chief Cow. Thanks!
Cow Names: What's your favorite?
Who's the biggest cow fan? Back for a LIMITED TIME!
Vote or add yourself to the list...
Ahhh, cows... What's not to like about cows?
Take the Moo Challenge -- all our cow
games and quizzes are on one page, including CowPie!
From the Cow mailbox:
Collector's Weekly filters eBay auctions, and
recently added a cow collectors topic (cow pottery, milk signs, cookie
jars, etc.). Here's the link:
Collector's Weekly Cows
Cow T-shirts and sweatshirts:
More Cow T-shirts and sweatshirts...
Other fun cow stuff:
Stickers, ornaments, and boxes
|This bovine would be a fun cow to have at your next moo party:
Type: Stand Up
Size: 65 x 42 (inches)
Is there anything better than looking
at cows all day? Cow "art" is always a great gift for a cow-fan.
allposters.com has hundreds of cow posters, prints, magnets, and notecards.
Artist: PAT CAHILL GRANT
Type: Photographic Print
Size: 16 x 20 (inches)
Title: Rising Sun n' Dust
Artist: Suzanne Baker
Type: Art Print
Size: 27 x 29 (inches)
Title: Bull Throwing Rodeo Rider
Type: Art Print
Size: 12.5 x 18 (inches)
Plus we have some additional
fun gift ideas. Something for everyone!
Clive shared this photo of a little bull calf, less than a week old:
Clive and Madoncows would like to introduce Sir George:
Sir George wants a closer look
Or a sniff
Clive shared two photos of a two-day old heifer:
Audrey, who had shared photos of her old cow car, had to get a new one. She
writes, "I had let the COW CAR go to pasture, but it took me several months taking off everything on my old town car to put on the new town car 2001. But we did it with help from many friends and the Military -- we got her back on the road. Bette had a complete make over and the cow car is flasher than ever. She moo's and has many other sounds too. I had the other car for almost ten years and we are hoping for the same with this one...I made her a tribute to Bette."
See all our
(All guest cows that have appeared on the homepage
are on one of the guest cows pages, always available for you to enjoy.)
Quick Cow facts:
Do cows have horns? Yes, female bovines almost always have horns. While
some cows are naturally polled (which means horn-free), the majority have their
horns removed when they are calves to make them safer to handle. So, YES,
cows can indeed have horns!
Oreo cookie cows? Yes, there are "belted" bovines out there!
More cow facts!
- There are approximately 350 squirts in a gallon of milk.
- The ancestors of the Texas Longhorn were the cattle brought to America in the 1600s.
- The mean gestation period for Holsteins is 279 days. The mean gestation period for Brown Swiss is 290 days.
- The Chianina is the largest cow (or bull for that matter).
- Red Sindhi cattle are usually a deep red, but can range in color from light red or brown through to dark red or dark brown. They have a hump on their shoulder area.
- The first Ayrshires were imported into Connecticut in the late 1800s.
- The Holstein produces the most milk of all breeds.
- Buttermilk was originally the fluid left over after churning cream to make butter. It used to be consumed most often as a drink, but today it is usually condensed and dried for use in the baking and frozen desserts industries.
Chief Cow would like to know who visits this site. Please take a few
seconds and choose the selection that most closely represents you.
Search this site:
You may also want to visit:
Last updated: March 28, 2015
This site has been online since December, 1999