Copyright 1999-2015 by crazyforCOWS (SM)
2. Which breed is named for its county of origin?
Ayrshire Red Sindhi Dexter White Park Milking Shorthorn
3. A 1,000 pound cow produces how much manure per year, on average?
1 ton 5 tons 10 tons 25 tons 100 tons
4. What is the name for cows of European descent?
Bos euros Bos gallicus Bos celticos Bos taurus Bos iberias
5. Which breed generates the most milk?
Jersey Holstein Guernsey Brown Swiss Milking Shorthorn
6. Which breed has the richest milk with the highest percentage of butterfat and protein?
Holstein Brown Swiss Guernsey Jersey Ayrshire
7. A cow's hoof is made up of what substance?
keratin homatatin fortin ungulatin korasin
8. Which is NOT one of the cow's stomachs?
rumen reticulum barisulum omasum abomasum
9. Which breed has the biggest horns?
Texas Longhorn Red Sindhi Watusi Brahman White Park
10. The switch is on what part of the cow?
neck tail back stomach leg